APPLY NOWOnce you have chosen a specific program, follow these instructions to complete your UMKC application:
1. Click on Apply for a Program, which will open our program database, in a new window.
2. Search for the program to which you would like to apply and click on the name of the program.
3. Click the Apply Now button located at the top of the program brochure.
4. Verify whether or not you are a registered UMKC student.
5. Log in with your UMKC SSO username and password if you are a registered UMKC student; or create an account using the User Identification Wizard if you are not registered with UMKC.
6. Accept the $25 subscription fee. You may apply for more than one program in a calendar year.
7. Choose the term when you wish to study abroad.
8. If prompted, enter the requested demographic information. Your application is now in the Pending phase..
9. Complete all Signature Document(s). Click on the title of each Signature Document for more details. Carefully read and digitally sign the Signature Document(s). A checkmark will appear next to each complete item.
- If you are under the age of 18, please contact your Study Abroad Advisor.
- If you are not a registered UMKC student, you must print, sign, and submit the documents to the International Academic Programs office; or submit photo identification office in order to be able to digitally sign documents.
11. Request Recommendation(s) by first clicking on Request Electronic Recommendation. Type the last name of a UMKC faculty member in the Directory Lookup next to the word keywords and click search. To request a recommendation from a non-UMKC faculty member, enter the information under Manual Entry (Option 2) and click Add User. Enter any Course Information and any Additional Information that will assist the recommender in completing a recommendation and click the save button. An email will be automatically sent to your recommender. There will be a checkmark next to the request once your recommender has submitted a recommendation.
The pre-decision phase of your application is complete once a checkmark appears next to each application item.
12. Wait for an acceptance decision from the International Academic Programs office.
- For most programs: A Study Abroad Advisor will review your application. If it is complete and you meet all requirements, your application status will be changed to the Accepted phase, and you will receive an e-mail about the status change. To finalize your UMKC Study Abroad application, log in to your application and click on the Commit button and complete post-decision items.
- For faculty-led and some special programs: The faculty leader will review your application and notify the International Academic Programs office if you are approved to participate on the program. If your application is complete and you meet all requirements, your application will be changed to the Accepted phase, and you will receive an e-mail about the status change. To finalize your UMKC Study Abroad application, log in to your application and click on the Commit button and complete post-decision items.
To regain access to your application after logging out, follow these instructions:
- Visit www.umkc.edu/international
- Click on the Application Login button to go to the UMKC login page.
- Enter your UMKC SSO username and password.
- Click on the name of the program you would like to view within the Applications section.
* Are you not seeing your applicant homepage?
If you are re-directed to your UMKC dashboard, in a new browser tab go to umkc-sa.terradotta.com.
If you are not able to access your online application, please contact the International Academic Programs office.